The Loving Cross


Sunday, September 21, 2008

To everything, there is a season...

I'd like to tell the story of how God moved me to be in the right place at the right time, and how he heard my pleas and answered in a strange way. I was about 18 years old, it was one of those days, I was depressed and feeling like I would never have someone to love. My last girlfriend had been when I was 15. I was flipping through the channels on the tv. I stopped on a channel that was broadcasting one of those Televangelists. He was speaking loudly and rapidly, he would say things like, "You there alone in your house, God will answer that prayer, and you driving in your car, God knows how hard this has been for you and He will send you help". Then he said something that had to be for me. He said, "You there wallowing in loneliness, God is sending you a love, she will be recently divorced with two young children. They are gonna need you". I got on my knees and cried, I was full of joy. I knew that message was for me. I dont remember that preachers name, but he spoke to me that day. I was uplifted and had a reason to live again. Years passed and that love never showed up and I began to doubt. I doubted myself, I doubted God. I thought that I was at such a low point that I must've been grasping for anything that would pull me out of it. Then a few years later, I was 26, my brother and his wife came to visit us. They lived in Tennessee. They spoke well of Tennessee and then they invited my mother and myself to move down there. I felt the hand of God pushing me. I knew that this move was the right thing for me. My mother once asked me if I was sure that I wanted to move, I told her I had to. I felt my destiny waiting for me there. By November of that year I am living in Tennessee and it is beautiful. I met, immediately, a woman with two young kids, whose husband had just left her. I knew she was for me. It took me awhile to get around to asking her out. Thankfully I had a push from my niece, she knew how I felt about this lady, she could sense it. She pushed me in the right direction and I thank God and my niece for bringing us together. We finally got married in 2001. We had lived "in sin" from 1994. My wife was cautious, she was afraid I would leave her like her first husband did. It took me some time to fully win her trust. During that time I got to know her kids and I love them so much. They are my kids, I may not have made them, but God made sure they were there because he knew I wanted a family of my own more than anything. I am unable to have kids so they are truly a blessing. It is 2008 and my wife and I are closer than ever, our youngest just turned 18. Thank You God. You saw my need and you fulfilled it. Your love saved me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, keep it clean.