The Loving Cross


Saturday, September 20, 2008

He who has eyes to see, let him see...

I want to talk about the supposedly good Christians. My wife, who was my girlfriend at the time, was waiting, for some reason, in the car and a guy approached her and started making conversation. That seems strange unless you know this little town we live in, people are overly friendly. Anyways, during this conversation my wife mentioned that she was about to get married for a second time. He was shocked, he asked her what church she went to. She replied that she didnt go to church, which further shocked him. He said that she would burn in hell for being divorced from her first husband unless she got permission from a minister to marry again. Even though her first husband cheated on her and left her with two young kids and a stack of bills. He then walked away. She told this story to me, and I replied that he must be old school Christian, fire and brimstone. I told her that God himself would not say that to her, He would understand. Fast forward a few years later, and we go visit my wifes Grandmother. She was in her eighties at the time. She told us how a friend of hers told her she was going to hell because she couldnt attend church. She was physically unable, though she had been a good Christian all her life. Would Jesus say that, or would he bring the church to her? This is why I dont trust churches, those guys were raised believing that stuff, their respective churches cultivated them to believe the way they wanted them to. George Carlin, who was not a religious man, once said that religion is mind control. I find that to be true. My daughter attends a Methodist church, and sometimes she comes home with some weird ideas about whats right and whats wrong. My wife and I then take time to explain to her what we believe, and why we disagree with what she learned at church. A few years back, I dont recall the exact circumstances, my beautiful and intelligent daughter said she thought that if a girl got raped she deserved it. Imagine the shocked expressions on our faces. We had a very long conversation and straightened her out. But just to think that she learned that somewhere, frightens me. Where in this world are people teaching that kind of thinking. I think this religious mind control goes all the way back to the Romans. They edited the Bible to suit their needs, so they could use everyones fervent belief to control them. It has been the same all through the centuries. I decided long ago that I would worship God in my own way. How many people were burned at the stake in the name of God. That proves to me that organized religion is dangerous. Believe in God, do not believe in church. If you attend a church for whatever reason you must constantly ask yourself if what they are saying is in accordance with Gods infinite love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, keep it clean.