The Loving Cross


Friday, November 7, 2008

Prayer 101

I thought about what I would write next, but could think of nothing. Today I asked God what he wanted me to write about. I quietly meditated for just a moment and there it was. God wants everyone to know how to pray. If your already following a church or used to things being a certain way, then you may not like my way. However no one told me my way was right or wrong this is just how I do it and it is effective. I start by thanking God, for my life, for his love, for my family, for everything, for any particular answered prayers. I then ask the question or questions I am seeking help with. Then I say thank you God for listening. Then, because of my belief in Christ, I say, I pray to you O' Lord in the name of my saviour Christ. Then if you have time, meditate and listen for your answers.

You can pray out loud, silently to yourself, or any way you prefer. I recommend a position that shows respect to God, shows humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, keep it clean.